This face pretty much says it all…
Happy Weekend everyone!
Archives for September 2014
Linking up today with September FARM for Oh hey, Friday
For today, I thought I would formally introduce you to the furry member of our family, my first baby, Stella.
Here are 5 things about our silly lovable puppy girl!
1.) Everyone is always asking me what kind of dog she is. Stella is a miniature Australian Shepherd.
2. Stella HATES being in water…no bath….no pools. I can only ever so rarely convince her to get in to the first step of my parents pool…and usually once she gets out, she avoids the pool like the plague the rest of the day!
3.) Stella loves being dressed up! Tutus, fancy collars….the dumb cheesy bandanas from the grooming salon..She will seriously cry when you take them off and whine until you put them back on….I wonder where she got that from….?
4.) Stella was so much sweeter to Hallie when she came home from the hospital than I thought she would be. She actually looks out for her like a big sister! It’s the sweetest thing ever! Once, I had my hands full, and Hallie started crying, so Stella ran to find Daddy to take care of her! She will also stand and watch over her until I get there if she starts crying and I’m in another room. She is very protective when visitors come, and she even lets Hallie play with her fur…yep…these 2 are going to be besties!
5.) Stella was the female runt of the litter, which I hear is the best dog to get….I think I’ve heard right, because this dog is pretty awesome!
I don’t know about you guys, but I shop on amazon and ebay an embarrassing amount! Seriously! I have been known to find an old style of a nice product instead of buying a brand new one. Usually its not because I am being cheap….its mainly a preference thing!
Anyway, I was recently told my my awesome friend Callie that amazon will donate a portion of your purchase to a charity of your choice!
Seriously!? I can shop and help ANY charity I want at the same time!? Sign me up!
It’s simple to do too!
1.)Just go to http://smile.amazon.com/
2.) Pick the charity of your choice
3.) And start shopping!!
Right now the charity I am supporting is Smile Train. This charity provides cleft palate and lip surgeries to children in poor countries.
Check it out, and go pick your charity now!
<3 Kelly Mock
Hello bloggerworld! I don’t know about anyone else, but this lady is ecstatic that September is finally here!
Here is what September means for me:
1.) September is the start of Playgroups for us and we couldn’t be more happy!!! Hallie and I went today for the first time. Not only was it great to get out of the house for a few hours, but it was so nice talking to other mom’s and meeting their cute babies!!! Today we met at the mall in the carpeted area near the fountain and chatted and let the babies play on their blankets! It was so fun watching some of the bigger babies scoot around! Hallie happily kicked and squealed on her blanket…when she wasn’t napping of course.
Here are a few pictures of Hallie from today….one of the mommies is an aspiring photographer and was so sweet to share some of the pictures she took today!
Last year’s costume- I was Mary Poppins!
Happy Labor Day Everyone! With school started and Labor Day come and almost gone, Fall is around the corner! (Well in Dallas, maybe around the corner and down the street!)
So for today’s must have Monday, it is all about Fall Fashion for Mommy and Baby!
Here are some of our favorite Fall staples for Hallie:
Carters Ballet Socks
I love that these Carters Ballet Socks come in a variety of colors that will match so many of our sweet Fall outfits! Plus Momma was a dancer, so maybe baby will follow in my footsteps!
Long Sleeved Onesies
This one is my favorite! It is the “Who needs a prince! (I have Daddy)” Onesie and jegging set from Carters!
I knew when I saw it that it was a must have for my little princess this Fall!
This Giraffe hat and onesie are from Gymboree and we are so obsessed with it for Fall! Christopher and I both LOVE giraffes, and Hallie has a lot of little giraffe things in her nursery, so we needed to have a Giraffe outfit to her Fall collection! This one was given to us by the girls I nanny for and their sweet parents!
Columbia Fleece Jacket
We LOVE this Columbia Fleece Jacket for Fall and cannot wait to get some use out of it! We have it in Purple (our favorite!!!) but it comes in a variety of colors!
These are my Must Haves for me this Fall (Though I am still a bit behind on shopping for me! Still hoping to lose the last bit of that baby weight before making my purchases!)
I got a really similar one to this at Old Navy. Mine is plain in front with black stripes on the sleeves.
Gap Skinny Jeans are my absolute favorite! I am hoping to fit back into mine from last year that I bought just before I got pregnant, but…I am thinking I’ll have to buy a size up
I am loving all of the new Fall designs from the Jamberry Nails Fall/Winter catalog! I can’t wait to stock up! This Glam nail wrap will be the first design in my shopping cart!!!
What are some of your favorite Fall Must haves? Please share some with me below!
According to Liz (and previous bloggers):
I am so excited to accept this nomination! What a fun little way to learn more about my favorite mommies and tell you more about me! Thank you, Liz!!!
Here are my responses, nominee requests and questions to pose:
11 Facts About Myself:
1. My husband was my only serious boyfriend.
2. One of my favorite breakfast combinations growing up was a blueberry bagel with chive smear…don’t ask!
3. I tracked down my favorite local artist to paint a picture of my husband and I at our favorite local coffee shop for his 30th birthday.
4. My parents moved from Texas to Mississippi when I was 16, and I stayed behind to live with my mom’s friend until I graduated.
5.My husband and I went to London for our Honeymoon, I HATE British TV, but I prefer British novels to American ones!
6.I never learned how to ride a bike
7. I competed in Miss Texas Teen All American Pageant in High school.
8. I love watching the food network…but I am a REALLY picky eater! I don’t eat fish, beef, or pork (yes even bacon)!
9. I can’t stand Sci-Fi! If it couldn’t actually happen…I am not interested! No Harry Potter, Star Wars, Twilight or Hunger Games for me…no thank you!
10. I listen to Christmas Music year round…it makes me happy!
11. Whenever I go on vacation, I take “Flat Joyce”- Joyce is my best friend and it started as a joke so I “wouldn’t be alone” when I took a solo vacay to San Fran. It’s a play on Flat Stanley an Elementary school book/project. We keep joking that I need to make her a teeny tiny passport!
11 Questions from Liz
1. If you could have chosen your name, would you have picked a different one, or kept
the one you had? Why/why not?
Yes! I don’t think my name is very fitting! I always thought I looked like a Samantha as a kid.
2. What is your favorite physical characteristic about yourself?
I like my eyes! Especially now since I have passed them on to my daughter!
3. If you could have any super power, what would it be, and why?
Levitating Objects! It would make housework so much easier
4. What is your ultimate pet peeve?
When girls pretend they are dumb to get attention! Grr..
5. What is your favorite dessert?
This one is hard because I am SUCH a sweet tooth! I would either say warm gooey cookies or s’mores. Or Pie….Or Brownies…lol
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be, and why?
Hands down San Francisco! It is my favorite city of all time!
7. Who is your favorite role model, famous or otherwise?
Either my Nana- the most loving mother and grandmother of all time or My husband’s Aunt Mary….seriously this woman is the most faithful woman I have ever met in my entire life.
8. What is something special that you currently want to buy?
I am DYING to buy Hallie’s fist Halloween costume…but I am waiting because she is SO tiny and I am not sure what size she will be by Halloween!
9. What is your favorite song, band or album?
Another hard one! Local Dallas band Monkeyshyne that played our wedding! Favorite song: “I know what love is”
Other faves: Goo Goo Dolls, Counting Crows, Katy Perry, Gin Blossoms, Nora Jones, etc
10. If you could be an animal, what would it be, and why?
Stella, my mini aussie…because she is the most spoiled pup ever!
11. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Read British novels with a steaming cup of coffee!
I would like to nominate the following wonderful blogs for the Liebster Award:
1. Katie from: http://www.katiedidwhat.com/
2. Sarita from: http://itsagirlgirlworld.blogspot.com/
3. Courtney from: http://www.apluslife.net/
4. April from: http://www.firsttimemomanddad.com/
5. Jessica from: http://www.floatonblog.com/
1. What is your favorite movie?
2.Why did you start blogging?
3. Who was your first best friend? Did you keep in touch?
4. What was your favorite subject in school?
5. What is your favorite restaurant?
6. What is your dream vacation?
7. Do you have a favorite quote?
8. Is there a holiday that is most special to you and why?
9. If you had to live on only 1 meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
10. Favorite place to shop?
11. What do you want to be remembered for?