The slowest yet quickest 2 years have just blown by, leaving my baby a 2 year old. Elise Claire, you are 2! When you woke up yesterday you called Daddy and exclaimed “I’m 2, I’m 2 I’m 2” over and over again. That is so you baby girl! You are just so joyful! I hope you never ever lose that joy!
A little about you at 2:
- Age- 2 years
- Weight- 2nd-5th percentile (1 lb smaller than sister)
- Length- 25th-50th (SOMEHOW passing up big sissy in height by 1/2 inch at the same age! )
- Size- 3 in diapers though we just started working at the potty training thing. Size 12-18 months in most everything else.
- Eyes- Brown
- Hair- Goldie Locks!
- Favorite Foods- EVERYTHING! Milk, cheese, yogurt, meats, pasta, spinach and kale which you will eat straight from the garden, berries, and any and all sweets! You like beans now too! Oh and French Fries. If you so much as hear a take out bag you immediately request FRIES PEEESE! For your birthday dinner you requested beans and fries!
- Milestones- You can count to 10 and know all of your colors. You spell your name but can’t yet identify letters. Love to sing and dance.
- Memorable moments- Thanks to Covid we haven’t done much. You did however have your first Urgent Care visit just over a week ago. When climbing a stool you were told not to, you fell cracking your head on the tile and getting a nasty goose egg. Your rendition however goes like this “Got a bobo, go to doctor, got Hank (the yellow rubber ducky they gave you), go home, eat chicken and fries and watch Cinderelaaaaa!” In case you are wondering, you did not learn your lesson.
- Favorite toys/activities- Climbing! You love babies and stuffed animals, and are SOO good at naming them. You have an Ostrich named Nick. Dogs named Comma, Sandy (after Annie), Franny (After Elizabeth’s dog), and Nelly (After our neighbors dog. You have a cat named Pitter, and an elephant named Mittens. There’s a dolly named Lulu. Oh and don’t forget the Rubber Duck, Hank. You love your princess castle and ice skating rink. Cinderella, Moana, and Frozen are your favorites. You cook up delicious treats for everyone in your kitchen and say “I make it for you!” Love listening to music with Daddy and Memi and watching Elephants with Pop. You love to build with blocks, cups, etc. Your still attached to your blanket, and must sleep with that and Nick. Reading is another favorite, and you will shove a book in my face and say “Read it!!” You and Sissy still play horses and vet. You love Dancing with Momma. She loves Stella and other animals. Ostriches and Elephants are your favorites! You are so snuggly and Absolutely love to cuddled and be kissed and hugged.
- Words/sounds- You talk SO MUCH! Some of momma’s favorite things you say are “I be your baby forever” and “Happy Day Daddy” You say “Dokie Dokie” You call Pajamas “Jamanas”. When someone hugs you you ask “You love me?” When I tell you not to climb on or touch something you will say “Okay, I just look!” which sometimes is a complete lie, and you end up taking a bite of charcoal as soon as my back is turned! I am sure I have a thousand more funny things you say! I probably can put an entire post together..maybe I will.
- Nicknames-Peanut or Peanut Butter, Chicky, E or E-Claire, Goldie Locks, Sister or Sister Golden Hair
- Looking forward to- Leaving the house and having experiences with her again! She is just a dolly!
Honestly, you are exactly what our family needed. You are silly, and smart, and shy, and smiley, and sweet, and snuggly, and we just love you to pieces!!!