Today I am sharing with you one of my very favorite Christmas recipes! My Perfect Gingerbread Cookies! I don’t know about you, but in my eyes, for a Gingerbread cookie to be perfect, it has to be firm, but chewy! And these cookies don’t disappoint!
- 3/4 Cup Molasses
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1/8 Cup Softened Butter
- 3 1/4 Cup Unbleached All Purpose Flour (Plus more for dusting)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- In a stand mixer or large bowl cream together molasses, brown sugar, water and butter on a low setting until smooth.
- Slowly combine the remaining dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Mix well
- Let the dough chill either overnight or at least 3 hours.
- Once you are ready to form your cookies preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Dust a cutting board or hard surface with flour and roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use your favorite cookie cutters to form cookie shapes.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes
- Let fully cool before icing if desired
This year we used a standard gingerbread man, but flipped him upside down to create little reindeer! Hallie was thrilled!
Now I want to hear your favorite Christmas Recipes!