Sweet Elise Claire! You are 5 months old today and I literally can’t believe how fast time has flown! You are the sweetest babe! Always trying to keep up with sister and always up for a cuddle or kiss!
- Age- 5 months
- Weight- 10 lb 9 oz, Almost a whole pound in a month and we are so proud! She still isn’t on the official weight curve, but she is back on her own which is great news. For a comparison at 5 months Hallie was 11 lb 2 oz.
- Length- 23 1/2 in long. Same as sister at this age
- Size- We are doing a mix of newborns and 3 mo clothes still. Most 3 month are still big other than pajamas. Basically anything 3 month with a waistband is huge! She is wearing size 1 diapers and we are currently using up all the ones we got from showers so that we can try Hello Bello very soon.
- Eyes- The jury is still out! They appear a gray blue, though I am not holding my breath for a blue eyed girl. Hallie’s stayed blue for so long and they eventually turned dark. Though her Memi thinks they might be green, which I would love!
- Hair- Light brown, and getting lighter. Especially her eyebrows. Much lighter than sisters at this age. It’s actually almost becoming strawberry blonde maybe? She also has much less of it than Hallie. She still has a huge bald spot though! Thank goodness for bows!
- Sleeping- She is still sleeping great this month. Usually 9pm-7:30-8 am. She isn’t much of a napper though. I think it’s early FOMO. She always wants to watch sister. She usually takes a lot of little cat naps throughout the day.
- Eating- We started fortifying my breast milk with formula to get her some more calories each feeding and it’s working! She usually takes about 4-5 oz every 3 hours. I use the Dr Brown’s pitcher to mix breast milk and formula in each morning and it works great! She also started eating oatmeal and she LOVES it! The first day she was pretty unsure, but by the 2nd day I couldn’t shovel it in fast enough. She grabs my hand and shoves the spoon in her mouth! I joke that she is just waiting to gain all of her weight in Mexican food because she loves to try and eat our food and tacos seem to intrigue her the most!
- Milestones- She loves sitting in the bumbo chair and puts EVERYTHING in her mouth! She also wore shoes for the first time this month.
- Memorable outings- Celebrated her first 4th of July and went to her first wedding.
- Looking Forward to- Getting to spend some one-on-one time with her as Hallie starts Kindergarten!
Enjoying every minute of sweet Elise Claire