As the clock ticks and my due date nears I thought I would share a little post all dedicated to big sis Hallie. I am so proud of Hallie. She is so excited to be a big sister, and is already picking out outfits for the baby. Elise is going to be one lucky little sis. I am trying hard to soak up these last few days with just her and I.
Hallie is 4 1/2 and learning so much every day! I am constantly amazed with the lessons she brings home from preschool. She is currently learning all about space and informed Daddy and I at dinner the other night that Pluto is a “Dwarf Planet even though we grew up thinking it was a real planet.” Hallie still loves animals. Her favorite show is Wild Kratts and she memorizes all the facts she learns about them and can’t wait to tell everyone she knows. She is so smart!
Not only is Hallie rocking it at school, but she is almost a green belt in karate! She just started black belt training and got a 1st place trophy this passed year at her first karate tournament. She is also still loving her ballet class and is going to be in her very first recital this Spring. After every class she spends the next few hours prancing around the house on her tippy toes and I never want to forget it!
For Christmas Hallie asked Santa for an Art set and has been making all kinds of drawings and creations. She loves to bead, play with playdoh and color with her new oil pastels. Sweet girl even made all of her own thank you notes for every gift she received.
She still wants to be a vet and was so helpful to me when Stella recently had to get stitches. I expected her to be grossed out by the blood, but she was more worried about caring for Stella. She even told the vet that she wanted to be just like her!
Three was really hard for us, but four has been so sweet. She has the best personality. Though she still is fiercely independent and tests limits at every turn, she keeps Daddy and I laughing all the time. She is incredibly thoughtful. One of her favorite things to do is make cards and gifts for us and enjoys putting on performances in her favorite pink tutu.
Here are some of my favorite Hallieisms from the passed year:
- We were getting Daddy some coffee to go with a gift. I asked her what flavor coffee we should buy. After thinking about it for a minute or two she proudly proclaimed, “Meat!”
- She was playing puppy and told me “I have to go! I have puppy school at this many o clock” Holding up a few fingers
- Noticing some mosquito bites, “Mom! I am turning into a leopard!”
- When I ask her to watch something for me she will say: “I’ll keep me an eye on it!”
- A backhoe is a “Digger rigger”
- She told dad “I need to give Mom some of my brains so she can be smart” Clearly this pregnancy is getting the best of me.
- She will inform us when the other parent walks in the room by saying “Dad your wife just got in here!”
- I told her she got chocolate on her dress and she shrugs and says “It happens”
- We were swimming at my Dads and I got out of the pool to take a picture. I was dripping wet and said “Say cheese” Hallie says “Cheeeese….uh Mom, you’re peeing!”
- When we told her about being a big sister she looked up at the ceiling and said “Thank you God!” and it melted my heart into a bowl of mush!
- She looked at my growing belly and told me “Mom, you’re just getting fatter and fatter…like Santa!”
Sweet Hallie is my partner in all I do and while I am so excited for Elise to join our family, I am going to miss our days with just the two of us.