One of our favorite things to do to celebrate Valentines Day is making our very own Homemade Valentines! You might think it would be hard to get little hands (and toes) involved in creating beautiful artwork that their friends and loved ones will treasure, but it’s actually rather easy! Here are 6 fun crafts Hallie and I have tried in the Valentines Days over her (almost) 3 years!
1.) Make your own Heart Shaped Crayons-
Hallie and I did this as her Valentine gift for her friends last year and she LOVED it! She really enjoyed helping me sort the crayons by color and breaking them up to put in the mold! It was really good for identifying colors and fine motor skills!
What you’ll need-
- A heart shaped mold (we got ours at hobby lobby)
- Old broken crayons (We also mixed in a pack of dollar store crayons)
- Kid safe paint
- Toilet Paper Roll
- Paper of different colors
- Cardboard or Card stock cut into a heart
- Inexpensive plate (Dollar store or Target)
- Ceramic Paint
- Cardboard or card stock cut into a heart
- Glue (After doing this I think a bottle of wet glue would have worked better)