There’s nothing better than a one skillet meal. Especially when it tastes like this one!
- 8 pieces of chicken (I used a mixture of breasts and thighs
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 2 TBS minced garlic
- 1 ts red pepper flakes
- 1 ts fresh or dried Rosemary
- olive oil
- 16 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
- 2/3 cup of diced green onions
- 4 TBS butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- about 3 TBS fresh chopped parsley to top
- (optional…but trust me you will want it for the sauce) A baguette for dipping
1. Slice or pound chicken to about 1 inch thickness and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides, set aside
2. In a small bowl combine chicken broth, garlic, red pepper, green onions and rosemary. Mix well and set aside.
3. Heat oven to 375 degrees
4. In a large deep (oven safe) skillet heat about 3 TBS olive oil. Cook mushrooms over medium-high heat. Cook until well browned then remove to a large dish. Keep warm.
5. Add another 2 TBS of olive oil to skillet and brown on both sides for 3 minutes. (I did this 4 pieces at a time as to not crowd the skillet) Remove to large dish with mushrooms and keep warm. (You will continue cooking chicken in the oven)
6. Reduce skillet heat to medium and add the chicken broth mixture. Stir vigorously while scraping the bottom of the pan for any stuck browned pieces. Cook for about 5 minutes.
7. Remove skillet from heat and add in the butter and the cream.
8. Add the chicken and mushrooms back in and mix.
9. Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
10. Top with parsley and serve.
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we did! I was soaking my baguette in the sauce it was so good!