Okay I have always been nervous to share my confessions on here with the fear of being judged, but I have seen SO many Mom’s share their deepest darkest secrets and so I finally thought…what the heck! We have all done things as Mom’s we aren’t proud of in moments of desperation and exhaustion, so here goes:
1. I don’t iron..in fact I have been known to use my hair straightener as a “mini iron” to get stubborn wrinkles out of my clothes and Hal’s as well…yep! Otherwise I will throw my clothes in the dryer again or ask Christopher…who actually DOES know how to iron! EMBARRASSING!
2. Speaking of clothes…guess who does our laundry? Super hubby also does the Laundry, but I am willing to bet that it’s because he has less underwear than I do! Or it could be because I just really hate doing laundry..putting it away is even worse! It usually sits in a pile on the trunk at the end of our bed collecting wrinkles…(cue confession number 1!) until I get annoyed enough with the mess and finally put it all away during a long Hallie nap!
3. I do really CRAZY and super DUMB things to get a laugh out of Hallie! I mean think of all the silliest words, noises and dances you can and go up a notch and you have the level of nuts I go to get a laugh of a smile out of this kid! But that laugh and smile melt my heart so, I do what it takes!
4. I bribe…yes sometimes with food…to get Hal to do what I need! “Hallie if you try to go on the potty, I’ll give you an M&M” or “if you eat some of that chicken Mommy will let you watch Mickey!” or sometimes even “if you give Mommy a little kiss I’ll get you a snack!” Guys I am shameful! Hal isn’t always the most affectionate though, sooo….GUILTY!
5. I have a secret candy stash! Sometimes my days just need chocolate! So I have been known to say “I’ll be right back Hal I have to go potty”….and really go sneak an M&M or Nestle crunch egg!
6. If you are an avid reader you know that I freeze Hal’s yogurt and tell her it’s ice cream to get her to eat it! I even put sprinkles on it from time to time to make it more fun and appealing!
|Strawberry Activia Ice Cream..|
7. I teach Hallie all about “good music” for instance we rock out to Spice Girls or year round Christmas carols in the car! Hallie will even ask “Ho Ho music?” when we get into the car!