If you read my post about our crazy weekend, than you know that I made 2 sauces to top our Gnocchi for a Mother’s Day dinner for Christopher’s sweet Mom! I thought I would share the recipe for the Bolognese sauce because it is fairly simple even for a week night!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stock coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot coarsely chopped
- 1 lb ground beef/ground turkey
- 1 (28 oz) Can crushed tomoatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 8 fresh basil leaves chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- top with shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat, Saute onion and garlic until soft and translucent, Add carrots and celery and cover for 5 minutes, lifting lid every minute to stir. Add the ground meat and raise to high heat to fully brown meat while breaking it up. Once meat is fully browned add tomatoes, parsley and basil and stir over medium heat for a couple minutes. To finish add salt and pepper to taste. Top with cheese and enjoy!