Holy Bananas you guys! It has been so long since I have written a Hallieisms post! Our girl is constantly killing it in the funny department, so there’s a ton to share!
- You might remember her BFF, Bowen. (Or as she used to call him, Bone-in) Hallie and Bowen are in the same class at school. On the first day, I asked her “Did you sit next to Bowen?” Without skipping a beat she said “NO! Bowen sat next to me!
- While in Florida our Hotel was down the street from an ice cream parlor. She had gone with my Mother in Law earlier in the day. Before bed that night, she was trying to sell us on going out for ice cream. “Mom Dad, There’s ice cream, right by! Dad, they have chocolate your favorite!” We couldn’t turn down our little saleswoman!
- Grocery shopping on day, and we pass the wine and beer aisle and she screams, “There’s your favorite soda Dad and Mom!” We are totally rocking this parenting thing!
- One day we let her pick out a treat at Market Street. She happily picked a Unicorn Cupcake. I left her in the kitchen eating it for maybe 2 minutes. It was seriously ALL GONE when I returned. I asked her where it went and she rubbed her tummy and said “I throwed it in the Hallie trash can!”
- Hallie likes to wrap herself in blankets. One day she looked at me all wrapped up and said “Mommy look I’m in a raccoon!” I had to laugh and explain to her that it is actually a cocoon
- One night we went to dinner. As Christopher was getting her out of the carseat she started pointing across the parking lot screaming “Mom, this place is right by Target!” I taught her well!
- When Hallie first started Karate, the instructor asked her to kick her in the tummy. Hallie looked right at her and said “But I like you!” Sweet girl!
- Hallie had insisted I buy raspberries at the grocery store. Even though I didn’t think she liked them, I bought them anyway. I put them in her school lunch twice during the week and both times they came home uneaten. Finally I asked her why she asked for them if she wasn’t going to eat them. She laughed and said “Oh, I put them on my fingers!” Kids!
- Christopher and Hallie go on “Daddy/Daughter dates” to the coffee shop every now and then. They play games and he gets her hot chocolate. One day they were playing connect four, and an older woman was talking to them, trying to help Hallie choose where play her pieces. Finally Hallie looks at her and says “Can we play by ourselves now?”
- Hallie practicing her dancing, finishes a Grande Jete, then tells me, “I’m a natural!”
- One day a song comes on the radio that I didn’t think Hallie knew, and I asked her “You know this song?” She says, “Yes, I have my remembory on!”
- While shopping on day. I was frustrated because they were out of product I needed to make a recipe and Hallie starts singing “You can’t always get what you want! But if you try sometimes, you get what you neeeeed!!!”
- A Hallie original song: “Hey hey, something’s different in the world today, if you try sometimes, you get a unicorn and a horse!”
- Hallie has things figured out for sure. One day she told Daddy, “Go to work, get all the money’s so I can get an Audi!”
- Before Christmas I asked her if I was on the naughty or nice list. She told me the naughty list because she had to go to time out earlier. Later, I asked again, and she told me “Almost!”
- For New Years Eve, I got sparkling grape juice for midnight. Hallie loved it. The next morning when I asked her what she wanted to drink with breakfast she said “Happy New Year Juice!
- My Godson is 18 months old. One night we had him over to play and he was throwing around all the toys in Hallie’s kitchen. Probably the most typical toddler behavior. Hallie started yelling at him, “Declan stop! You are making a mess!” She came to me sobbing “Mom! Boys are messy!!!” You got that right girlfriend!
Posted by Filed Under: Motherhood, Last Updated on