This poor neglected little blog. I have goals to resurrect it over the Summer with some useful information, thoughts on life and a gosh darn photo or 2 of Hallie! It slowly became a place for me to dump info on Elise so that I wouldn’t forget it and then 12 months hit and I really just abandoned it all together for a while as I dealt with all of the changes and feelings regarding Covid and having a toddler.
So without further ado, Elise turns 15 months today. Fastest 15 months of my life. And yet, the last 3 somehow seemed fast and desperately slow at the same time. I know other moms can relate. Here is a little update on sweet Elise:
- Age- 15 months
- Weight- We go next week for her checkup, so for now I will share her 12 month stats: 14 lb, 10.5 oz (Hallie was 15 lb 1.5 oz, so close, though E might pass her up for the 15 month numbers.
- Length- 27 inches (.5 inches smaller than sister)
- Size- At 12 month we were still rocking the Size 2 Diapers though recently I sized up to 3’s only because she was having leaks at night. Then again this kid likes to down at least 2 sippy’s of milk right before bed, so I am not sure it’s the diaper…we shall see. I feel with clothes she is all over the place. Mostly wearing 6 month clothes, but every once in a while can go up or down. Pjs 9-12 month for length
- Eyes- Brown I think
- Hair- She is our little blonde girl!
- Teeth- We currently have 5. She had 2 by 12 months
- Sleeping- She is a night owl and it takes her a while to give up the ghost. She usually is out by 9, and sleeps until 7 and we get a 2 hour nap in the afternoon.
- Eating- We successfully made the switch to whole milk and she LOVES it! She still eats everything. Favors cheese, fruit (blueberries), and recently started asking for “coo-kies!”
- Milestones- Talking a ton! Little phrases here and there. She started walking around 14 months, and is now on the go! For a while she liked to sit down if you noticed her trying to walk! So modest! Gives real kisses now and LOVES to show affection. Mimics animals.
- Memorable outings- Zoo trip, smash cake, 1st birthday party…then Covid hit, and we have just been home.
- Favorite toys/activities- Recently she started coloring and LOVES that. Loves stuffed animals, the princess castle, her violet puppy and puppy from sister, blocks, cups, etc. She loves her blankets. Really enjoys books. For her birthday we got her a board book with our family photos and she absolutely adores it! Enjoys playing with Sister’s horses and vet set. She loves music and dancing with Momma. She is starting to dance on her own too! Loves the baby shark song, pat-a-cake, head and shoulders and I’m a little teapot. Sister is her favorite person ever and she makes her crack up! She loves Stella and other animals. Elephants are her favorite and she makes Elephant sounds and makes a little trunk with her hand as she does it. Mommy plays Rolly Polly with her which makes her laugh. Absolutely loves to cuddle and be kissed and hugged.
- Words/sounds- Exclaims “Mo Mail”- No mail every time we check the mail, even if we do have mail. Legitimately sings the songs from Frozen 2, Told my father in law recently “Pop, I colorin!”, Says “Mo! Mmm Mmm” when she doesn’t want or like something. Asks for “Coo-kies”. This age is so fun!
- Nicknames-Peanut or Peanut Butter, Chicky, E or E-Claire
- Funny moments- ANYTIME she sees Elsa or anything from Frozen she sings “OOOOhh Oooooh!” In her sleep the other night she started singing it too! So funny!
- Looking forward to- Leaving the house and having experiences with her again! She is just a dolly!